My advertising copy has been virtually all in print media. I’ve worked in-house for a trade publisher, writing corporate brochures and print campaigns, small-space in major daily newspapers to promote special issues; and trade advertising. In an agency setting, I produced tech/trade ads for various clients. I’ve written small-space ads and campaigns for restaurants and educational institutions, marketing releases for a variety of clients, and brochures for small businesses.
Nomad Enterprises Ad copywriter, public relations consultant.
Brochures: Polaroid Corporation, Araby Rug, U. Mass/Boston, American Jewish Historical Society
Small space: Publick House Restaurant (Sturbridge).
Goodchild & Eidson (Providence, RI): Ad copywriter, technical/trade clients: Bancroft Tennis, Nyman Plastics, Jenkins Valve, Citizens Savings Bank.
IPC Business Press, Ltd (London, England): Ad copywriter. Small-space in major dailies (The Times, Observer, Daily Mirror, Daily Express). Direct mail brochures for Daily Mirror Group Trade Magazines (eg, Motor, Science Journal, British Engineering, Yachting World, Freight Management)
My experience in marketing writing covers email marketing reports, proposal writing, press releases, company newsletters. See also: wine marketing.
- E-mail Marketing Newsletter: Ferris Research, San Francisco, CA
- Press Releases (technical): Ferris Research
- Proposal writing: System Resources Corporation, Burlington, MA
- Newsletters: Healthco Medical Supply, Boston; Charles River Academy, Cambridge
- Press releases and publicity: Water Music, Sandy’s Jazz Revival, Newport Jazz Festival
- Questionnaire design and market research interviews: Bloomberg Associates, Boston; NOP Reserch, London.